Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Maintaining the Chronicle

One of the things that fascinates me about the explorers of old are the records they leave behind. Pioneers carved markers into rocks. Mountain men worked maps onto their powder horns. Travelers such as Louis and Clark left behind journals. All of these are ways to record discovery, preserve memory, and let the world know that you were there.
Running a 5k by the river.


As much as I love writing about my little adventures and sharing a bit about the things I do, I am a slow writer. This increases the longer after I have done something. It is less fresh in the mind as to be expected. My procrastination is amplified when I have a lot that needs to be wrote. Sadly, I have a pretty big backlog at this point.


The key to this goes back to around a year ago. My laptop broke so I was unable to write for around a month. Of course, I was still out seeing the world. By the time the thing was fixed, I had a lot to write, but not so much time to write it in.


Happily, I am finally catching it all up. This has meant focusing on the biggest stories, like trips to Hong Kong. Others are getting left aside though. As well, some of the smaller stories are being compiled or being told slightly out of order.


The light festival.
I have decided to compile some things together. A lot of little things like the Miniatures Museum and Puppetry Museum are really quite cool. However, they do not really need a story all to themselves. They have common themes and complement each other nicely.


There are lots of things I want to tell, such as trips with friends and hikes up mountains. In my rush to get out big stories, like Manila, those ones get sidelined. They will still come though, I think, but they will be out of order. Oh how I loath to have things in disarray! I feel that is for the best though. I am going to work on a way to note chronology so that there is no confusion on the order of events.


A hint of what is to come soon is in order to keep you interested.


I look forward to talking about the Sky Lantern Festival and the Light Festival. The beauty of Taiwan in December. Hiking in Tianmu and nearly getting lost in the woods after sunset will be exciting. Long one of my favorites, a compilation of bike trips along the river. Of course, the story that everyone is looking forward to, my trip to Japan.

Bare with me now. I hope that everyone is patiently waiting. Good things are in store. As I ramp up work here, other ideas are being floated around. I hope that by my next really big adventure I can utilize video footage.

No comments:

Post a Comment